Website traffic is a sure way to boost your income. The more targeted your website traffic, the better your potential for profit. The good news is there are many ways to drive targeted traffic to your website. Here are just a few to help you get the ball rolling.
- Organic traffic – this traffic comes from changing your website so it can be seen by search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo so that when people do searches relevant to your business, your website shows up highly in the search results. Making your site visible to the search engines ins called Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The traffic is free and lasts for many years. It can take 3-4 months to see the results of SEO efforts, but pay dividends for a long time.
- PPC ads – While other traffic tactics discussed are free, you can also pay for targeted traffic. PPC ads (also called search engine marketing – SEM) are great for driving targeted traffic to specific web pages. Use this tactic to drive traffic to a squeeze page, opt-in offer, or sales page. This traffic is immediate, can be driven from very close local geographies, and can be turned on or off at a moment’s notice.
- Blog and guest blog – Blogging and guest blogging is another great way to drive targeted traffic to your website. Again, when you publish quality content, people tend to click through to your website to find more great information. Include a website link in your blog posts. Include an author’s resource box in your guest blog posts.
- Comment on blogs – Registering and commenting on blogs is also a great way to generate traffic to your website. Make sure you’re doing two things. Provide a link to your website when you register. Provide a thoughtful comment. Intelligent conversation will generate interest for you and your website.
- Social networking – Social networking on sites like Facebook,l LinkedIn and Pinterest can send tons of traffic to your website. However, in order to ensure it is targeted traffic, make sure you’re publishing relevant information and links to your site.
- Post answers – Websites like Merchant Circle and Yahoo!Answers provide you with an opportunity to provide valuable information. Answer questions related to your niche and link to your website.
- Podcast – Publish podcasts on sites like iTunes and create a following. Make sure to include a link to your website or your URL in your podcast name and information.
- Reviews – Visit review sites and publish reviews for products or services in your niche. Share your expertise and experience with others.
- Local search and Google Places – If you have local customers, be sure to take advantage of local search directories and sites like Google Places.
The more targeted your traffic, the easier it’ll be to convert visitors into customers. Use these targeted traffic tactics to build your business today.
Speedy Sites works with clients in Waterford, Southfield, Auburn Hills, Warren and all over the metro Detroit are, to to help grow targeted traffic to client websites that grow business! Contact us today to learn more.